General

Here you can suggest new features for TSM! You can read more about the feature suggestion process here.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Fix cooldowns in classic

This patch fixes bugs in cooldown checking for Classic; add cooldown time remaining in crafting window.

You could easily split it and apply the fix without the display of the time if you don't want to deal with localizing time display...

70 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    12 comments  ·  Crafting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add price sources for most recent sell price (lastSellPrice) and most recent post price (lastPostPrice)

I would love the ability to reference the last successful sale price and the last price at which I posted an item. In low-volume/sparse markets, my own sales records are more useful information than the market/realm/region/global aggregate prices. When I'm posting, I'm often the only person to have posted the item in days or weeks.

In this situation, I find myself wanting to implement one of two very simple strategies:

1. Start with an intentionally high price and slowly lower it each time I post
    2. Start with an intentionally price and slowly raise it each time I post

I favor (1)…

48 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Accounting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Introduce time-based ledger price sources

Many people use avgBuy(itemString) in order to determine their cost price of some crafted items. The current avgBuy(itemString) is not very useful in long term. Take my only 2 months old data for 1 item as an example: https://i.gyazo.com/cee4242245f1cc154250f72b85949304.png

you can already see even with 2 months of data that using avgBuy will quite inaccurate results for more recent crafts, whereas avgBuy7 or avgBuy30 (or potentially avgBuy(itemString [, days])) would give a much higher control.

Similarly, avgSell7(itemString) and avgSell30(itemString) should be added.

28 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Accounting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add functions to calculate the avg, min and max price of all items in the same group

It would be great if there were new functions:

GroupAvg(), GroupMin() and GroupMax()

The idea of these functions would be that they take one argument (a price string) and apply that pricestring to any item in the same group as the item the function is called for and then calculate the average, minimum or maximum of that.

Here is an example:

Current content raid gear comes in many different variations, many of which are more or less the same, but still treated as different items.

Take "Diadem of the Highborne" for example:

I'll list a few of the different versions…

28 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  TradeSkillMaster (core)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Inventory managment - see how much of a mat has been used in the past day/week/month/ever

As an enchanter who sells old world enchants I have a lot of stock. A little bit of this kind of dust, some various greater essences, all sorts of shards - you know the pain. I would like to be able to hover over these items in my bank and determine how many of them I use on (for example) a monthly basis. If some of them haven't been used enough I can convert them to something more usable or sell them!

For example:
    I have made 5 Enchant Weapon - Exceptional Spellpower this month. I want to know how…

28 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Accounting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Disable always on top TSM window

Please disable TSM windows stay on top of other windows! It overlay every other window ingame, for example bags. Sometimes i need a lot of windows from different addons, i want them as big as i need and i want to control myself which window i want to see on top.
    Every time i want to look smth in other window i should close TSM, do stuff and reopen TSM again. It's so annoying...
    it's only TSM4 problem, that's why i'm still stay on TSM3.

22 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  TradeSkillMaster (core)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Function / rule based groups

My idea is custom functions to allow Dynamic rule based group allocation eg:

Function group.additem{items, group} {
    While I <= MasterGroup.itemCount (

this.Item = MasterGroup.itemAt{i}

If I.quality = rare
    (moveItem(I,RareItems)
    I++
    }

Or as above but
    If I expires > customexplimit move to De group.

UI could be part of operations just apply to master group.

Alliance group management op could simply have a criteria and an action.

Eg: items in <group applied> to <equal> <quality> rare THEN <move> item to <custom group> Unless item = level 110 and /or on whitelist

Etc

Thats a very brief mixed pseudo code…

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Button lock TSM frames

I use multibox and this causes inconvenience when windows are shifted on some characters. really need an option to lock frames. All frames, not only auction that was in tsm3

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  TradeSkillMaster (core)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. price check on AH from whisper or guild string

ability for guildies or any friends to whisper me for price check

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  TradeSkillMaster (core)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Include Guild Bank Gold in the Gold Summary + tooltip

Currently the gold summary in the top right of all TSM windows does not include gold from guild banks, this is frustrating for those of us that store excess gold in there, as it makes it difficult to see my overall gold.

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Additions to the TSMAPI

• What shortfall are you trying to solve in the current functionality of the addon?

There's a few things I'm trying to do with TSM that requires me to scan the SavedVariables since TSMAPI doesn't support what I'm trying to do.

• What new functionality do you hope to attain with the addition of this feature?
    1. A table of items put up on the auction house with their stats (last sold, ammount sold, ammount expired, ammount expired since last sold,...) similarly to TSM:GetAuctionStatsSinceLastSale(itemString) and TSM:GetAuctionStats(itemString, lastSold) wich we can't use.
      I am currently splitting, iterating and analysing through: TradeSkillMasterAccountingDB["r@"..GetRealmName().."@csvSales"] and TradeSkillMaster

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  TradeSkillMaster (core)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Historic momentum

Hey guys, love your addon. I'm a data scientist and find the value this addon brings extremely useful.

There are two simple features I would suggest including to make the pricing recommendations more meaningful:

1. Standard Deviation: most data scientists look at the avg price, along with the standard deviation to understand not only whether the current price is good, but how much it can deviate. (e.g. something that is priced at 10g, and has an average price of 15g, and a STD of 50s is WAY more attractive)

2. some way to notate price momentum or a change in historical avg…

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  TradeSkillMaster (core)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Hide auctions posted by specific player name

Is it possible to hide or not display auctions posted by certain players?

We have a person who continually posts auctions designed to benefit from people's mistakes. ie He posts one item with cheap Bid and a enormous Buy-out price.

People for example have bought 1 4g Heath Potion for 1500g.

I'd like to hide all the auctions posted by this person.

Thanks

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Shopping  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Your current gold amount

It would be nice to have a "price source" that references your current gold amount. Obviously it wouldn't be useful in auction operations, but would be quite useful in things such as sniper operations. That way you could set the upper limit that you would pay to either your current gold on hand or a percentage of same.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Accounting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. quick navigate

I'd love a "ctrl+click" to navigate to where items are being groups in the groups page instead of trawling through subgroups for days :D

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add new Value Source ‘SoldPerDay()’

I’d like to recommend a new value source named Sold PerDay() that uses accounting info to generate a personal SoldPerDay value. Much like SaleRate was added in 4.10 to generate a personal SaleRate instead of relying only on DBRegionSaleRate, SoldPerDay() would allow a user to generate a value based on how many they sold over the last X days. For example, if the user had sold 2 of an item every day for the last month, SoldPerDay(30) would return 60, SoldPerDay(7) would return 14, and SoldPerDay(3) would return 6.

As an example, suppose I like to craft at least 3…

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add '%DBMarket' Column to Shopping Scan Results

My idea is to add a "%DBMarket" column to shopping scan results. Currently, the % column shows the percentage of a users maximum auction price as stipulated in the Shopping Operation. However, I think that there should be separate columns for this information.

My suggestion is to rename the current '%' column to '%MaxPrice', and add an additional column called '%DBMarket'. Users like myself can toggle the columns they are interested in seeing on or off, and sort by the one that is most useful to them.

Regarding why this is being suggested: it is very helpful to see what…

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. SmartAvgCraft value function

Store the value of crafted items as per the cost of when they were crafted. Similar to how SmartAvgBuy works.

This will then allow items that were crafted cheaply, reflect more accurate profits when matprices increase over time. Same vice versa

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Accounting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Failed Auctions Ledger Report that let's you identify Items with high fails

I want to be able to sort all my items by "# failed since last sold" and "Failure Rate (# failed overall / # total units auctioned)

The current options are not helpful when identifying bad sales, they are seperated, but the tooltip shows the amalgam of the two numbers (cancelled and failed) which gives no idea if the auction organically failed due to never being bought or because you had been undercut, so you just have to assume all failures are bad failures (side suggestion to record a cancel scan mark against these auctions)

But i want to be…

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Integrate Zygor Price Data as an External Custom Price Source

Zygor Guides provides current-market and historical pricing information (theoretically updated multiple times a day), as well as the ability to scan the live auction house. I frequently see Zygor pricing information reflected verbatim in Auction House prices of the competition. I would like to see Zygor price data available as External Custom Price Sources in TradeSkillMaster.

Rather than just request you guys to do more work, I've already coded what I believe is a functional and fairly complete implementation of my requested feature, and uploaded the (now updated) snippet to my PasteBin at:

<redacted>

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base