My feature suggestion is...

Filter out items used in a Equipment Manager

I've seen the suggestion posted before about this, I'd like to touch on that subject.

Having multiples specs, and replacing gear in each of those specs simultaneously, makes it rather difficult to not accidentally DE something in a set without having to crosscheck the name of each item in the list with the items in my bags then ignoring them. I can put them on temporary ignore, but they pop up next time. I can put them on permanent ignore, but then I replace that item with a better one and DE'ing it isn't a problem anymore (of course the new item is now), so then I'd have to go into the addon and search for the item (assuming at this point I've collected a decent amount of ignores) to remove it from the ignore list, or alternatively DE it manually with the button (which is what I've been doing). Either way, it's almost defeating the purpose of having a quick DE/Mill/Prospect feature by causing more trouble than other addons that do the same thing. You suggested to the other person that brought this up to ignore (already covered) or Uncheck the Soulbound items box, unchecking the soulbound items box also essentially defeats the purpose as since a lot of the time, in fact most of the time you loot gear you would normally DE, it's Bind on Pickup, and automatically soulbound therefore not in the Destroy window. Just seems like for an addon that's trying to make every aspect of buying, selling, inventory, crafting and professions life easier, it's missing a setting that many other small addons made exclusively for DE/Mill/Prospecting, granted I'm not into coding addons but would that small option really be that hard to implement effectively? I was trying to replace all my crafting and auctioning addons with this suite, but until then I think I'll be keeping my breakables addon that DOES let me filter out equipment sets.

Even a tooltip would suffice enough to not have to cross check the name with my bag inventory to manually look at the tooltip to see if it says "In such and such equipment set", if I can hover that item in the Destroy window and see a tooltip that gives me the same, I'll immediately know without needing to search my massive bag space to find it, that I need to ignore that item, preventing me from having to (but not wanting to) permanently ignore it.

28 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Myrddin Emrys commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. But rather than a mod interface, I recommend that TSM by default ignore all items contained in an equipment set.

Feedback and Knowledge Base