My feature suggestion is...

Sort Realms Alphabetically, Whitelist, Multi-Realm Export

1. What shortfall are you trying to solve in the current functionality of the addon?

Improve user experience in both the app & addon for any features involving realms. Currently (it seems) that they are sorted by when the first character was created on that realm. I believe it should be alphabetical in both the app, as well as any Operations of Settings involving realms.

2. What new functionality do you hope to attain with the addition of this feature?

Aside from the sorting alphabetically, if I were to request any "new" features that would also benefit from this, I would also like to see an option within Operations to *whitelist* specific Faction & Realm combos or Characters instead of just blacklisting them, and potentially for the app, an "Export All" or multi-realm export option (instead of a drop down menu, make it a multi-select input).

3. How would you or others use this feature? (perhaps the most important question - please provide SPECIFIC use-cases)

I think that sorting Realms alphabetically would just improve the experience of new and old users both in the cases of exporting Accounting Data from the app, and in the case of blacklisting (or whitelisting, if it is added) Faction & Realm combos or Characters.

In the use case of exporting accounting data, even with the current UI setup, it would greatly improve my experience to just go down a list of alphabetically sorted realms and export the ones I know I need to, versus how I currently have to do it, hunting down a list and thinking "Okay, I just created characters on realms X, Y, and Z, so they should be at the bottom..." but sometimes I had a character on that realm a while ago, and forgot about it/deleted it, but the realm it still "out of place" so to speak.

In the use case of Operations, again, even if a whitelist option is not added, I use certain "discount" Operations on realms I am branching out on to get initial capital, and blacklist that Operation on the realms I am "set" on, leaving my default. Again, it wouldn't be so bad to blacklist Faction & Realm combos or Characters if the Realms were sorted alphabetically.

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Lurker shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

0 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google