My feature suggestion is...

Direct link to auction history on tradeskillmaster.com or wouction database

Especially when vendoring for crafting material, it would be great to have quick access to the item price's history on arbitrary AH scanning websites.

For a lot of my basic materials I have rules to have e.g. at least 100 cloths and if below, restock to 200. This way I can usually produce easily for one or two weeks before I need to significantly restock. No interruption of production and less time spent on gathering stuff from AH.

So let's say I need to restock 50 Arcane Dust and the min buyout is 5 Gold (~104% market price on Blackrock EU right now). It would be great to know the recent trend. If it's 5 because it was 6 before, I'd wait another day. I'm not in a hurry as I still can produce for a few days. But if it's 5 because it was 4 before, I'd grab it to avoid potentially even higher crafting costs as soon as I get close to a production stop for my items.

Right now I'm firing up Chrome, go to de.wowhead.com (no, I don't play in english, so I definitely need a German item database), copy the item's ID from the URL, go to my realm's AH database on WoWuction and look at this item's historical price and volume development to make the above decision.

It's doable. And even when used rarely (because of the long workflow) it already gave my overall yield quite a boost, especially when much more expensive reagents like Primal Life were involved.

But it would of course be much easier if I could somehow do that with less typing, copy/pasting and clicking outside WoW. Don't know if it's allowed to link out from within the game, but if not, at least the last 24 or 48 hour trend indication next to the current display of pricing level would be a huge help.

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Markus Uhl shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    Declined  ·  AdminAdmin (TSM Developers, TradeSkillMaster) responded  · 

We already provide a bunch of prices via our desktop application which should help determine what the real value of an item is, and whether it’s currently undervalued or overvalued.

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Markus Uhl commented  · 

Yes, you provide a lot of static information. Current snapshots. But no dynamic ones about trends. Would you invest in stocks with only knowing that the current price is 100$ and that this is 110% of it's average historical price on Wall Street? Without the additional information that it actually went up by 10% in the last 3 days you might burn your money for a falling stock. That's why it's often important to not only look at current pricings but at the recent trend.

Feedback and Knowledge Base