My feature suggestion is...

Bid value as string like min, max, normal

Currently the starting bid value is merely a percentage of the buyout value, set using a slider and sting entry field. I propose that this is changed to a string field like min, max, and normal, and that you expose the buyout price as a variable usable in calculations. If this were implemented, the starting bid could be set as a function of the existing pricing models in addition to buyout price.

Default might look like: "95% buyout"

# Example Use Cases

## Use case #1

For some groups of items, the player might want to deeply discount the bid. There is a large bulk of goods that fall in a gray area between vendor grays and AH staples. This is especially true for new or leveling characters. In my pre-TSM days, I would often post random greens and other "junk" with opening bids of "vendorSell/0.95" while the buyout was closer to fair market value.

## Use case #2

An issue that isn't encountered often when bid = 95% buyout or so, is handling a situation when the bid markdown pushed bid below certain price floors, such as below vendor price. For example, if the player has minPrice set as something like "max(Crafting, Destroy, vendorBuy, vendorSell)/0.95", and "bid = 66% buyout", and the market price is pushed down to your floor, you're now posting with bids well below your threshold.

A better bid value might be: "max(minPrice, 66% buyout)", where minPrice is the variable for minimum buyout exposed for the user.

Any user familiar with the pricing sources, custom pricing rules, and so on can probably see the flexibility and power this opens up.

# Possible Implementation:

(1) Expose the following variables to the player:

* minPrice
* maxPrice
* normalPrice
... which are the min, max, and normal price calculations from the same page.
* buyoutPrice = the buyout price calculated for the item, from which the current bid price is calculated.

(2) Change bid from current slider to string field like minPrice, maxPrice, and normalPrice

3 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Seth shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Seth commented  · 

Note: my variable names were simply chosen for example purposes and (hopefully) clarity. They could be names anything that you think makes sense.

Feedback and Knowledge Base