General

Here you can suggest new features for TSM! You can read more about the feature suggestion process here.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Some way to see messages that you have not read yet

It would be nice to have a way to see which messages in the list you have not actually read yet, since the scanning for the TSM Mail UI marks the messages as read in the blizzard UI.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Mailing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Activate Gather Window outside of Crafting

I would like to have some way of activating the Gather window outside of the crafting window. Maybe a /cmd of /tsm gather?

ADMIN EDIT:
    For clarification, you can do this by typing "/tsm crafting" and clicking on the "Gather" button. This suggestion is to avoid the one click on the Gather button.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Crafting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Shopping  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Manual Posting Very Clunky in v2

This suggestion is to revert the interface for manually posting items. The new TSM seems to be a step backwards from v1 for this (common) activity:

• Tab functionality (to switch between fields) was removed, requiring extra mouse clicks

• "Max" buttons for "items per stack" and "number of stacks" were removed, requiring users to actually clear the field and type in the number with the keyboard

• The gold format is less intuitive and requires it to be entered in the format of "150g" or similar, instead of just putting "150" in the "g" field.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Auctioning  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. when searching by item ID, wait for item ID to resolve to name with progress display

I was searching for items by item ID today (for some xmog stuff), and to my surprise it completed almost instantly ... with about 13 items searched. Trying again after a little while gave my expected number of items searched.

It seems like TSM shopping tried to get the item name for all the items I requested, and if it was missing just skipped the item silently.

It would be awesome if you could, instead, show a progress display and wait for those item ID values to turn into names -- or, at the very least, show that some items…

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Shopping  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add an option to default the the 'Player(s)' drop down in Revenue > Sales to the current player.

My most common use for this screen is to quickly check what just sold, so almost every time I open accounting, I restrict the sales view by the player I'm currently on.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Accounting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add Shopping Que

Make a button in the AH that you can click to have quick access to your que, rather than a "Gather" window. This new window should allow you to click on the mats and then it would cause the AH search to look for the clicked item.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Crafting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Bring Back old Pricing Settings

There used to be drop downs where you can set which db to use as well as set percentages with sliders. Now you have to type a percentage and the dbmarket or something. This is very confusing and I wish we could had the drop downs back. We were able to select other pricing modules for different sections of TSM.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Auctioning  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is not a valid suggestion. If you can’t figure out how to do something, make a forum post and describe your issue in detail and somebody will be able to help you find a solution. Making a suggestion for “change the addon to work as I expect” is not particularly constructive.

9. Activate Gather Window outside of Crafting

I would like to have some way of activating the Gather window for outside of the crafting window. For example, while on a bank toon with no profs, I'd like to be able to open Gather, grab the items for one crafting send them off and then switch the Gather to another crafter without having relog on the other characters. Maybe a /cmd of /tsm gather?

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Crafting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

As was mentioned in the comments, this can already be achieved by typing “/tsm crafting” to bring up the crafting window. If you’re still missing functionality, feel free to make a new suggestion describing what’s still missing.

10. Accounting Outgoings Deposit Summary

• Summary of Deposit Costs Spend (total, daily, character, item, etc.)

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Accounting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Ability to open up blizzard default crafting window

Ability to open up blizzard default crafting window like in GnomeWorks (without disabling the TSM_Crafting addon). While holding down key (dont remember exactly, it was either shift or control) while clicking on the crafting button, it didnt open up GnomeWorks, but the default Blizzard own Crafting Window.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Crafting window from TSM 1 all items and sortable

I would really like to see the old crafting window come back. Being able to see all craftable items in smaller font, bigger window, and sortable by profit or market value would be much welcomed. Also being able to show how many you want by click/right click the item name with a 1x in front is much more funtional. In addition this window showed alts/bags/AH/etc item count so I could know how many items my bank alt had posted or been mailed was very useful.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

This is not a valid suggestion. There are already existing suggestions covering many of the things you mentioned. Go up votes those and make new ones for specific functionality that you are missing. Saying “bring the old window back” is neither constructive nor a suggestion.

13. TSM_Destroying window with icon of item to disenchant + button for safe option

I would like to include a icon (picture) of the item that is going to be disenchanted, together with a button to safelist that item if necessary.

Today, I have no idea what item I am disenchanting, and that feels a bit scary.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Destroying  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Ability to set "Keep Quantity" in Mailing operations to 0

As it stands, the only way to achieve a 0 Keep is to create a new op or copy an existing one that's set to 0.

0 ability is useful in cases where you're storing and posting from different characters/accounts as once you've posted the max you can ship all remaining back to storage instead of being left with 1 of everything taking up bag space.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mailing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. mail button location

Move top buttons to bottom or allow some kind of "mail selected groups" button to inbox.
    Right now you open mailbox, go to BOTTOM, click open all, go to TOP, click tsm groups, go to BOTTOM, click mail selected groups, go to TOP, click inbox, go to bottom click open all. too much movement of mouse to accomplish mailing

38 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Mailing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Shopping  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Add name go Open all button

I would like to call open all Like I can in postal.

/click PostalOpenAllButton
    /click TSMDestroyButton

I use this macro to propect / mill and don't need to bother with restocking from mailbox. It would go great with http://suggestions.tradeskillmaster.com/forums/208541-general/suggestions/4261287-mailing-keep-free-space-

It's a table value now bot antibotting I guess. Not sure if this is a big botting issue,

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mailing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Our general policy is to not give names to buttons which you don’t have to hit more than once at a time. You don’t need to spam the “Open All” button while milling. It’ll look through a refresh and through milling just fine.

18. Battle pets - allow entries for "any level" and "any rarity"

Currently battle pets can only be added to groups having a specified level and rarity.

In the context of shopping it would make sense to have entries that count as "any level" and/or "any rarity".
    (similiar to the "ignore random enchant" option for items)

Forum link with a more detailled description: http://stormspire.net/official-tradeskillmaster-development-forum/11388-tradeskillmaster-2-0-public-beta-post115292.html#post115292

65 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Shopping  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The main problem here is that WoW doesn’t provide support for this in the same way that they provide support for randomly enchanted items, where you can generate a link to the base item. You can’t generate a link to a battlepet without a level or rarity. So currently, this isn’t technically possible with the APIs which WoW provides.

19. Vendor purchase button

Automatic ink buying/trading from vendor.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Option to ignore "convertible / craftable" items in AH Gathering search

When restocking raw rare gems I like to only take uncut gems that are currently in the AH into account (since I hate the time needed for prospecting). Adjusting the mat price for raw gems to "dbminbuyout" did the trick to make my crafting and auctioning operations aware of this.
    Unfortunately, when doing a gather-search on the AH it still also searches for prospectable ores - this is not a big problem since the I can simply sort by price% and buy the "100%" entries which are the raw gems due to my mat price settings - but having an…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Crafting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base