General

Here you can suggest new features for TSM! You can read more about the feature suggestion process here.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Sync across multiple computers

TSM already has the backup system.

It would however be great if this was to be extended into a real sync system for premium users.
    The reason for this is that some of us (like me) use multiple computers (in my case a Windows desktop pc and a macbook) to auctioneer.
    It's really annoying to have to wait for a backup to be created and then restore that backup on the other computer you wish to continue playing on.

EDIT: workarounds like sharing the files through a drive in the cloud shouldn't be needed.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop Application  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Persistent TSM icon in Windows System Tray

Currently, in the TSM Desktop Application, if it is minimized to the system tray and you click the icon in the system tray, the system tray icon disappears and the Window is displayed. This suggestion is to either make an option to enable/disable a persistent icon feature or modify the application so that the icon in the system tray is persistent when running, regardless of whether or not the Desktop Application window is visible.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Add group detail to data export

The data export from the application could include the group that the item string was associated with when it was posted for auction, which would allow easier analysis of sales. I realize people can have multiple profiles so the app would have to log which group the item was assigned to when it was posted, not at any other time. I'm exporting the data to Excel and trying to use pivot tables to make it more readable, but it's still a pain to deal with. The group data would make this measurably easier. Thank you!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Enable TradeSkillMaster to Follow Symbolic Links

This applies to the desktop application on the current version of Windows 10 (as of 02/15/19).

I have, at least once a month, completed a clean install of Windows on my desktop PC, often forgetting to backup my addons before doing so. In light of that, I have placed by addons (Interface & WTF) within a Google Drive disk that is consistently being synced to the 'cloud,' and I created symbolic links to point those directories towards the typical WoW installation.

Unfortunately, the TradeSkillMaster application does not remember the directory location when symbolic links are used, as it asks me…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Allow us to disable addon auto-update

Since latest app update it's forcing automatic addon updates. Please give us control over this process so we could disable auto updates.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Desktop Application  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Client displays version date

Especially useful to beta testers, would act as a cue to check for new features/bugs in an updated module.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Option to Disable Backups

There is no option to disable backups.
    I know how to backup my computer and all settings
    I have no use for 3rd party applications to save my settings or anything else for that matter, to somebody else's computer or servers, for any reason.
    I was disappointed I could not find that option to DISABLE backups.
    I am very disappointed, that any information from my computer, that has been stored anywhere remotely by your software, has no option to purge that information from those remote locations.
    I do not approve of having any information from my computer stored remotely.
    I…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. TSM Profile Manager

Allow import, export, backup and basic editing of profiles. Allow sharing of group hierarchy, operations, custom price sources and themes etc between (premium?) members via export.

Consider future gallery where users can submit profiles containing any or all of custom themes, price sources, groups, operations and more. Allow for community feedback and voting.

Possible cloud backup of profiles, groups and other custom data

35 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop Application  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Group editor

It would be great if I could move items between groups and otherwise deal with groups and what is in them without being logged in.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Make the Desktop Application remember its window resizing

Currently the Desktop App has a certain window size when opened. You can resize it, but it goes back to default when you close and re-open it.

Make the window remember the new size, please.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow group imports via desktop app

It would be handy to be able to export/import groups via the desktop app. As it stands now, importing groups via the ingame addon is tricky, as large imports (specific use case - I'm trying to hand my groups to my wife, and the export is large enough that WoW simply crashes if I try to paste the export into the import field in a single chunk, and it takes a ridiculous amount of massaging to figure out how big a chunk the field can take in a single ctrl-V without crashing WoW or disconnecting from the server). The ability…

33 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Desktop Application  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. TSM3 Desktop App - Change backup folder location

I'd love the chance to be able to choose where my backups should be located so I don't risk loosing them all during a crash or need to reinstall windows on my C: drive.

42 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Desktop Application  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. OS X App Menu Button

Similar to the Windows version being minimised to the system tray, the OS X app could be minimised to the menu bar without using up space on the dock and window being open in the background.

It could offer shortcuts to the various pages of the app (App Setup, Exporting, Backup), a line for the last sync with the TSM servers and a donate button. A toast notification for data updates would be useful too.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Desktop Application  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base