General

Here you can suggest new features for TSM! You can read more about the feature suggestion process here.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. "Return" status seen on Mailbox overview in order not to lose items forever

Due to space limitations as well as convenience, using the mailbox as extra storage is popular. But if after having been returned once, it is lost after an additional 30 days, and I therefore spend some time checking individual mail items when they are close to being returned/lost. It would thus be very helpful if you could see, without having to open the actual mail, whether or not a mail is one that you need to open b4 it is gone.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Mailing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please bring back Guild Member search window in Send Mail!

Updated to latest 4.10.2 for classic, and the section in Send Mail where you can choose Alts, Friends, Guild no longer has the ability to start typing guildmates names to narrow down the list! Please bring that back!

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Mark all mail that will be deleted on expiration with "EXPIRE" MailType

I rely heavily on using my Inbox as a means of storage for many items and materials. Currently, while looking at the Inbox list, I do not see a way to determine whether or not an entry will be returned to the sender or deleted after the expiration. It would be really nice if you could open your inbox and instantly identify which items need your attention, and which ones will be safely returned to sender.

I've made local changes to do this for myself, and it worked out well so I'm suggesting it here officially.

In MailTracking.lua, I modified…

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Show sender name in Mailbox

Would it be possible to show sender name alongside the Items and Expires and Gold on the Mailbox UI.

I have alot of items moving around characters due to operations and i also like to use the mailbox as additional storage space at times. In classic wow I often miss mails from friends and guildies due to it appearing the same as all the other junk in my mailbox. Displaying sender name would help to make such mail stand out.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Character class colors in mailbox selection

I made a mistake by naming all my characters similar, but they're all different classes.
    ElvUI does the same for listing all my gold on different characters.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow different target characters on different realms, within an operation

Currently, if your characters have different names on different realms, you need to add a mailing operation for each server to every group, and each of those operations need to exclude all other realms. This quickly stacks up to a lot of work.

This could be simplified a lot if a single operation is able to mail to different characters.

This could be done by adding the option to add extra "target character" input fields in a mailing operation, and a server for each input field.

Or through allowing commands in the input field, for example a "realm()" command that…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Update the Restock to Max Quantity from 5000 to 50,000+

For things like crafting bracers on multiple tailors for expulsom (to send to other crafters), 5000 is just not a lot of cloth to 'Keep'. I routinely process batches of 20,000+ on multiple tailors.

Can I at least make 4 mailing operations to the same target, each with a Restock to Max of 5000 for a total of 20,000? I don't think so. 5000 just seems like such an arbitrary number, OK for most crafts, but when buying 100,000 worth of cloth it's not enough for me.

Just a small request, hopefully it's as simple as finding the 5000 string…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Open all mail repeats by default

The old way was if you went to open your mail it'd keep opening until you hit the free space limit.

Currently, it will do this sometimes if you do ctrl/shift/alt and open.

Rather than have to use a modifier key, is there a toggle or setting that can be added for the continuously open mail functionality?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. When mailing to an alt on a synced account, please update count in inventory part of tooltip

I use account sync to keep track of items across my accounts

I would like when i send items from Account1 to a toon on account2 that the mail count on the recieving toon updates with whatever i send to it from my toon on the other account

I found this old suggestion where you state it in TSM3 (http://suggestions.tradeskillmaster.com/forums/208541-general/suggestions/10433244-multi-account-syncing-considers-mailing-across-acc) however this function is no longer implemented in TSM4

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Enable contacts management in Inventory/Mailing settings

There is currently no way to add or remove contacts manually in TSM Mail. When playing on 2 different wow accounts its impossible to add your characters from the second account to your contacts.

There is also the issue of alts that have been deleted or characters that have been name changed still appearing in the contact list and their names being auto-filled.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mailing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. check what character i'm on when doing a "target shortfall to bags" mailing move in the bankui

i've got an operation to mail everything of an item to my bank alt, but sometimes i need to restock some items to my other char's from my bank alt, so i go to the bank/gb and click the [target shortfall to bags] button in the bankui mailing tab, at which point everything with the given operation, that i dont need to send, also get's put in my bags as if i'm supposed to send them from my bank alt to my bank alt.
    My suggestion is to check for what the current character when doing that action and then…

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Optional default recipient in the Send section of Mailing.

On a per-server basis, I'd like to tell TSM Mailing what my bankalts character name is... and then have the ability to have that character name autofilled into the recipient line of the Send tab whenever I goto the Send tab if I so choose. This speeds up the process of me sending all the stuff I find to my bankalt when out questing on a new character.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. mail item identification feature

when i r click an item to send in mail can it please give some kind of identification that it's been included in the mail? like greyed out or deleted from view or something? many times i send stuff and i don't remember if i already clicked that item or not, thanks

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Please confront bag addon compatibility problems.

It was the mailing that drew me to TSM many years ago. I use ArkInventory and it is as important to auctioning as TSM is for me. The TSM mailing module never works. I know I can move things around in my bags to get it to work, but its simpler just to do it manually now. Please fix this very important feature of TSM.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Simplifying Mailing Operation to Allow Mass Mailing to Alts on Same Server

Request: I am requesting a change to the mailing operation to allow mailing to multiple characters within one mailing operation.
    Justification: I’m new to TSM and still discovering it many uses. The one thing that brought me to TSM was my search for a way to mass mail materials, gold and crafted items to my alts. Currently a mailing operation only allows one character (toon) name in the “Target Character” box. To send the same item (materials, gold or crafted) in the same quantity to multiple characters I have to enter a separate mailing operation for each character. I have…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Bring back ctrl+click to move all like items to outgoing mail

We used to be able to ctrl+click on one item in the backpack, for example I have 12 of pattern: xyz, I ctrl+click on one pattern and they all go into an outgoing "letter".

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Change the bar for sending gold/money.

While sending gold between characters, i always have to redo how many gold i want to send, because i have to write several zero's from copper and silver. Maybe make 3 bars, one for each? The same could work on the AH when you post an item from the shopping window, is hard to hit the excat place where you determine what you want to sell your item for.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. What happened to COD quicksend from TSM3?

In TSM3 there was an option to send all you had of an item to another character with a COD option. I.E. I was selling Heavy Junk boxes for 500g each. The easiest way to unload 100+ boxes was to use TSM3's quick send... put in the item I wanted to sell, and the price of COD per box, and then hit send. This would automatically send all 100 boxes to the customer at 12 boxes per mailing, 6000g each until my inventory was depleted. Now, unless I'm missing something, I need to manually send 12 and put in the…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mailing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Fix the Mail UI to Gray out and not allow the same item to be selected twice.

The Thing I hear most from other players is, Why can I click this stack twice, I already have it selected to send. Make the Send Mail UI more like Default to gray out Items, and let you know how many items you have selected.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base