General

Here you can suggest new features for TSM! You can read more about the feature suggestion process here.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Tooltip text wrap for Groups

The tooltip line for what group an item is in does not wrap. So I end up with tooltips like this:
    https://i.imgur.com/wNizJT8.png

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  TradeSkillMaster (core)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Operations Filter (on groups)

I often find myself sub-grouping for single items, ex. I have a group for smelting high volume (+100 sold/day) bars. In that I have a subgroup specifically for Ghost Iron Bars as I need to distribute these to various characters for creating Living Steel (Transmute Trillium Bars).

What I think could resolve the group clutter I guess other than me is having could be filters on operations, to begin with a simple filtering on items, ex. filter item X from Group A. This way I would not have to create a subgroup to apply a specific operation on that group.…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  TradeSkillMaster (core)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow inventory tooltip to be specific to an item's suffix (aka variations)

I have a group that has every different suffix variation of the items already made with 'ignore item variations' unchecked. When I mouse over a 'Notorious combatant's Deckpounder of the Harmonious' for example, the inventory tooltip says "11(0 bags, 8 bank, 3 AH, 0 mail)". It's listing all 6 suffix variations instead of just the 'of the harmonious'. The auction operation properly only lists 1 of each suffix but I'd like to know my inventory per suffix so I can trim the suffixes that I have too many copies of.

tldr; Inventory tooltip ignores item variations. Please add maybe an…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  TradeSkillMaster (core)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. On/Off Setting

Let's face it.... TSM4 is a cpu hog. There are addon out there that will tell you, but you don't need them to see the difference that disabling TSM's addons make to your game play. I'm suggesting a checkbox somewhere within the settings to turn the damn thing off to make it stop scanning or sync'ing or whatever it's doing, without having to disable the addons and reload.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  TradeSkillMaster (core)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add stack size and price to the failed to find item message in Sniper

When you fail to purchase an item, it currently says "failed to buy auction of [item]" in sniper if the item can't be found (because it has already been purchased). It would be nice if this could include the stack size and price so that these can be seen, as otherwise once it fails, the item is removed from the UI and it isnt possible to see exactly what was missed.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. A different .lua file for each language

All addon translations are in the same .lua file, which makes it very difficult to test translations in real time (translating the file directly, instead of at curseforge.com).

Would it be possible to create a translation file for each language, instead of having all languages in one file?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Bigger precision (+ 1 number after dot) in Sale Rate and Region Avg. Daily Sold

I do a lot of tmog resales and to decide should I buy the item or not I use Sale Rate value. But it only shows 2 digits and between low values 0.01 (~100 posts to sale an item) and 0.02 (~50 posts to sale an item) is huge difference. And because we don't have bigger precision 0.01 may mean 0.0001 (awful) or 0.014 (pretty good) or even 0.019 (if number is rounded via floor functiion)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. update of wiki/documentation for all features of TSM4 (and archive TSM3 docs)

While you might find what you need in some of the video guide and discord can be helpful for immediate feedback (sometimes), TSM4 could really benefit from a bit more documentation on all the small features (and specifically how they work) that go beyond just creating a custom price.

Perhaps open up the wiki to your core group of help/support we see on discord so you have a lot more editors to help since I am sure there's a lot more coding that probably takes priority.

For many of them, there's probably already an answer in discord that could just…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Tooltips for Built In Features

TSM 3 had some tooltips that would help new people figure out what was going on. I'm not seeing much of this in TSM 4, such as things that aren't really self explanatory like what the "disenchant shopping" search is doing or the "Buy from AH" in gathering in the task list. Or even perhaps just some documentation on what it does elsewhere in a "help" section that points to a website from the addon.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Option to set tooltip to show price by stack size

In the tooltip you can hold down shift to swap from 1x item to current stack pricing.
    It would be great to have an option (check box, etc) to default to stack size pricing and SHIFT for 1x item.
    And YES, many tooltip/ah addons have that option. Overall, it would not be too difficult to implement it, and there is no drawback for anyone.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. A label for a custom price source that will show in the tooltip instead of the custom price source name itself

Since Custom price source names are a bit limited (no space, no numbers etc.), it would be nice to have some kind of 'display label' option for in the tooltip to make the names in the tooltips look nicer if you want to display a custom price source.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Option to show "total owned" for all toons on account

Hi there, it would be really handy if in the tooltip, we could seen not only the total items owned not just for the current realm but for all toons on that account. I know this wouldn't work well for people that 50 toons all with hearthstones, but would be a really easy way to see where I put all my pet charms or how many brewfest tokens each toon has so I focus my energy on the right ones, without logging into a different toon on each realm.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Make it see Void Storage

Yes, I know this was declined, and you say "ItemTracker doesn’t track soulbound items anyways, so no point in tracking the void bank."

But it tracks soulbound items just fine in my bank and my bags, so I am posting again for this. With the transmog craze, a lot of people put these things in Void Storage and don't want to duplicate them. This is really about the only shortcoming I see with TSM.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow numbers in custom price sources

I want to have 3 custom price sources

deposit12

deposit24
    deposit48

which does not work because numbers aren't allowed. I understand that it's probably problematic scanning things when there is not a letter in the first position. but maybe you can parse numbers within/at the end of the name

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Create a reference on the website and/or in the addon of all possible filter options

There's a very robust filter option for searching the AH or filtering items to sort into groups, but apart from the tooltip there's no easy reference for what actually works with the filtering. Currently, you can create custom searches on the AH and copy-paste it over to the filter in the group menu, but this both relies on actively being at an AH while managing groups and does not always result in a valid filter.
    A few examples:
    - Searching for "/Weapon/One-Handed Swords" works on the AH, but causes an invalid filter error in Groups. This also appears to be…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Planned  ·  0 comments  ·  TradeSkillMaster (core)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Show linked operations snapshot when adjusting operations options

When adjusting the options (i.e. minimum, maximum or normal price) for an operation, it would be nice to see the operations that set their corresponding options according the the one you're currently editing, That would be so you don't accidentally set prices while forgetting it's linked to other operations.

My thought is really just having some sort of icon on operation variables that lists the operations linked to that option when you hover over it.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Total Item Count

I would love to see an item count option. For example, if I view my group and click on items, under the Group Items section. How many items are in there?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Notification when rebuilding item cache

I think item cache rebuild deserves similar notification window as old auction db, mainly because tsm is all wonky during rebuild and you lose vendor prices during this process

something simple as this
    https://imgur.com/uGfqB7p

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. When Doing A Group Search, Show Items With No Results

A group search for 50 items may return 47 results, but shows no information for the three items without any information. These three are ripe for creating profitable auctions without any competition. Can they be listed with some kind of indicator showing there were no results?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Ledger revenue/expenses improvments

Ledger Revenues/Expenses need's option to combine items. For example if i choose 30day time frame I would see avg buy/sell price and sell count from that period of time. Also in ledger under inventory you see in first page total value of item, which count would be way more usefull in revenue/expenses tab to behaves with other search criteras.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base