General

Here you can suggest new features for TSM! You can read more about the feature suggestion process here.

My feature suggestion is...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Lock windows

Add ability to lock all windows/frames in place. Could be either a global setting for all frames or for each possible frame that can be locked. Specifically for me, I would like to lock BankUI to be set in a certain location and not be able to move it.

I see that you have done similar efforts on this before, so hope its not a huge undertaking: http://suggestions.tradeskillmaster.com/forums/208541-general/suggestions/4291019-i-d-like-to-be-able-to-fix-and-lock-the-location-o

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  TradeSkillMaster (core)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Tooltip text wrap for Groups

The tooltip line for what group an item is in does not wrap. So I end up with tooltips like this:
    https://i.imgur.com/wNizJT8.png

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  TradeSkillMaster (core)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. removing floating tooltip

I dont know what the tool tip is called but its the one that is always there when you mouse over an option whilst in the AH. The one that says "Right Click to expand"...etc

Please can you out in an option to remove this as after a while i have learn't that right clicking to expand the search and don't need to be reminded all the time.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  TradeSkillMaster (core)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Operations Filter (on groups)

I often find myself sub-grouping for single items, ex. I have a group for smelting high volume (+100 sold/day) bars. In that I have a subgroup specifically for Ghost Iron Bars as I need to distribute these to various characters for creating Living Steel (Transmute Trillium Bars).

What I think could resolve the group clutter I guess other than me is having could be filters on operations, to begin with a simple filtering on items, ex. filter item X from Group A. This way I would not have to create a subgroup to apply a specific operation on that group.…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Play a sound when running a scan or sniper when you're about to get disconnected

Sometimes scans are very long, for instance cancel scans can last more than 30 min.
    When you snipe you spent a lot of time away also.

You ALWAYS get disconnected after 30 min due to inactivity, which is especially a problem if you run a long scan, you have to start over. Over months of gold making activity you certainly ran into this issue more than once.

I suggest that you add a sound notification (customizable option) when you're about to get disconnected so that you can alt tab and move to avoid dc.

The best in my opinion would…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  TradeSkillMaster (core)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Dynamic Restock / Automatic Use of Accounting / TSM Advanced Mode (as connected Feature)

DISCLAIMER: I AM NOT ASKING FOR QUANTITIES IN FORMULAS
    (even though it is the most voted suggestion since always! and prolly the first thought of everyone who had started to create the first operations)
    So give me your answer. pls. I cant sleep anymore.

First of All: I love TSM more than the game itself.
    I would buy it.
    Like for 40 € idc. Like a WOW Addon (pun intended)
    And I want it to be the best, the most powerful it could be.. So please dont get distracted by my frustration over the absence of the most obvious functions…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Preserve WoW UI auction tab sorting order

I'm convinced that TSM4 should not break default functionality.

When: every time TSM is switched to WoW UI
    What: WoW UI auctions tab has wrong sorting order from Very Long to Short instead of default (or set earlier) Short to Very Long sorting with sold auctions on top
    Why: to be able to view sold auctions in default interface without extra clicks every time

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add stack size and price to the failed to find item message in Sniper

When you fail to purchase an item, it currently says "failed to buy auction of [item]" in sniper if the item can't be found (because it has already been purchased). It would be nice if this could include the stack size and price so that these can be seen, as otherwise once it fails, the item is removed from the UI and it isnt possible to see exactly what was missed.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Bigger precision (+ 1 number after dot) in Sale Rate and Region Avg. Daily Sold

I do a lot of tmog resales and to decide should I buy the item or not I use Sale Rate value. But it only shows 2 digits and between low values 0.01 (~100 posts to sale an item) and 0.02 (~50 posts to sale an item) is huge difference. And because we don't have bigger precision 0.01 may mean 0.0001 (awful) or 0.014 (pretty good) or even 0.019 (if number is rounded via floor functiion)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. update of wiki/documentation for all features of TSM4 (and archive TSM3 docs)

While you might find what you need in some of the video guide and discord can be helpful for immediate feedback (sometimes), TSM4 could really benefit from a bit more documentation on all the small features (and specifically how they work) that go beyond just creating a custom price.

Perhaps open up the wiki to your core group of help/support we see on discord so you have a lot more editors to help since I am sure there's a lot more coding that probably takes priority.

For many of them, there's probably already an answer in discord that could just…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Tooltips for Built In Features

TSM 3 had some tooltips that would help new people figure out what was going on. I'm not seeing much of this in TSM 4, such as things that aren't really self explanatory like what the "disenchant shopping" search is doing or the "Buy from AH" in gathering in the task list. Or even perhaps just some documentation on what it does elsewhere in a "help" section that points to a website from the addon.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Option to set tooltip to show price by stack size

In the tooltip you can hold down shift to swap from 1x item to current stack pricing.
    It would be great to have an option (check box, etc) to default to stack size pricing and SHIFT for 1x item.
    And YES, many tooltip/ah addons have that option. Overall, it would not be too difficult to implement it, and there is no drawback for anyone.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. A label for a custom price source that will show in the tooltip instead of the custom price source name itself

Since Custom price source names are a bit limited (no space, no numbers etc.), it would be nice to have some kind of 'display label' option for in the tooltip to make the names in the tooltips look nicer if you want to display a custom price source.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Move Group Window Size

Option to resize the window that appears when you are moving/changing Parent Group for easier managing:

http://i.imgur.com/Md2twNi.jpg

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. have option to minimise ALL groups in once click so they appear like screenshot below

http://imgur.com/a/4X9R0

Sometimes its annoying if u have very large groups and they are all expanded, you either have to scroll to the one you need or minimise them individually. Especially annoying when on a laptop w no mouse.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. The proposal to add the division of numbers.

Number of digits in the patch increased, and use the search engine or sniper sometimes becomes dangerous. Now TSM issues in the search 1000000g00s00s. It is very difficult to read and consider, propose to add division, 1,000,000, and so on. I hope I'm not alone in this regard.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Option to show "total owned" for all toons on account

Hi there, it would be really handy if in the tooltip, we could seen not only the total items owned not just for the current realm but for all toons on that account. I know this wouldn't work well for people that 50 toons all with hearthstones, but would be a really easy way to see where I put all my pet charms or how many brewfest tokens each toon has so I focus my energy on the right ones, without logging into a different toon on each realm.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Make it see Void Storage

Yes, I know this was declined, and you say "ItemTracker doesn’t track soulbound items anyways, so no point in tracking the void bank."

But it tracks soulbound items just fine in my bank and my bags, so I am posting again for this. With the transmog craze, a lot of people put these things in Void Storage and don't want to duplicate them. This is really about the only shortcoming I see with TSM.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Server /2 count and "heatmaps"

You can count the number of player in capital/in trade chat and you can track hours of activity based on that. In a new 'tsm features' tab.

It would be an extra useful thing that tsm could provide. It could count how many players are there each hours. Consolidating it with the app and showing it on the website ? That or locally only with player data, no sync. I don't know, that's just an idea for you to think about it :)

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow numbers in custom price sources

I want to have 3 custom price sources

deposit12
    deposit24
    deposit48

which does not work because numbers aren't allowed. I understand that it's probably problematic scanning things when there is not a letter in the first position. but maybe you can parse numbers within/at the end of the name

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base